Certified Clinical Financial Auditor (CCFA)
Effective July 1, 2019
Click here for application
- If not a member, please CLICK HERE to join as a member. Applicant must be a current member of AAMAS and maintain their membership annually.
- NEW applicants for CCFA must have one of the following:
- 60 college credit hours, a licensed healthcare professional degree or a minimum of 5 years relevant experience and a certification in your field such as CPC, COC, CCS. Credentials and experience are subject to review by the CCFA Committee.
- Degree in a healthcare field including RN, LPN, PT, OT, ST, RT, Dietician, MD, Public Health, Health Information Management, Health Care Administration
- Degree in Accounting or other Financial Management
- Background in healthcare finance or revenue cycle, such as CDM, UR, QA or Coding with 60 college credits
- Law, compliance or ethics degree.
- NEW applicants for CCFA must have one year of authenticated audit experience or similar healthcare finance or revenue cycle experience.
- AAMAS recommends that all applicants take the Clinical Financial Audit Workshop which is a 6-hour exam prep video class with PowerPoint.
- For more information on the exam prep for CCFA, go to Education/Certification tab and click on the months opportunities. You can also check out the offerings on The Pulse.
- Formerly referred to as the “Clinical Financial Audit Workshop,” this CCFA Exam Prep was recorded when presented live: Katie Stanford and Karen Cooper were speakers at AAMAS’s 2020 Virtual Conference. It was designed for the new auditor and/or preparation for the CCFA exam.
- Registration Process: For details regarding registration for the CCFA exam, click here. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Testing Location: Testing will be online.
- Contact Katie Stanford at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the exam. You will be scheduled for a window of 72 hours which will include the date you requested. You will have 2 hours, 45 minutes to complete the exam. Once you begin the exam, you must complete it within the allotted time. You will not be able to start and stop the exam.
- Exam cost is $300.00. If you take the Exam Prep webinar, you will get a discount and pay $250.00 for the exam.
CCFA renewal will require 30 CEUs every 3 years. Half of the CEUs (15) may be clinical and at least half (15) must be related to healthcare finance, revenue cycle, auditing or compliance. You can now renew your CCFA Certification with your membership! Please keep a copy of your CEU certificates in case of audit. For more information on renewals, please see HERE for more information. If you have questions regarding the suitability of CEUs, email the information to email@example.com.