Certified Clinical Financial Auditor (CCFA)
Effective July 1, 2019
Please CLICK HERE to download the application
- Applicant must be a current member of AAMAS.
- NEW applicants for CCFA must have:
A minimum of 60 college semester units or a licensed health care professional degree.
- Degree in a healthcare field including RN, LPN, PT, OT, ST, RT, Dietician, MD, Public Health, Health Information Management, Health Care Administration
- Degree in Accounting or other Financial Management
- Background in healthcare finance or revenue cycle, such as CDM, UR, QA or Coding with 60 college credits
- Law, compliance or ethics degree
- NEW applicants for CCFA must have one year of authenticated audit experience or similar healthcare finance or revenue cycle experience.
The application for the CCFA exam can be found on the AAMAS website at AAMAS.org under the Certification tab. Instructions for sending the exam fee and your resume will also be online.
CCFA Examination Fee will be: $300.00. A one-day Pre-Certification class will be offered as part of the pre-conference on Wednesday prior to the AAMAS conference in April 2020. The exact date, time and place will be announced in September 2019.
Testing will be onsite at the AAMAS 2020 Annual Conference the Saturday morning after the Conference. Further information will be announced.
CCFA renewal will require 30 CEUs every 3 years. Half of the CEUs (15) may be clinical and at least half (15) must be related to healthcare finance, revenue cycle, auditing or compliance. Please keep a copy of your CEU certificates in case of audit. If you have questions regarding the suitability of CEUs, email the information to email@example.com